Saturday, March 31, 2012

A messy way to get information about my stride

I really like the Skechers GoRun shoes I know wear when I run.  No more shooting pains in my instep after running, because I've shortened my stride, and eliminated the heel strike.  There's no cushioning under the heel, so you HAVE to land on the midfoot.
[Disclosure: I have no financial connection either to Skechers, or to DSW, the store where I bought them. Damnit, I haven't figured out how to land an endorsement deal with DSW :-) ]
Today I took my longest run, mostly on pavement, with an occasional digression to a dirt muddy trail.
Total mileage: 9.7.  After that, I walked to the Irving Park Y for a post run stretch and some crunches.
Oops.  I dragged mud into the cardio room.
I beat a retreat pick up the dirt clots, and then  to the men's room to clean off the mud from the soles.
Most of the dirt was right under the midfoot.  There was a little bit near the toe.
Although I regret making a mess in the sink - I tried to clean up as best I could- it was satisfying to know that I was successfully transitioning to a midfoot strike.
Next time, I'll wait until the dirt trails are dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment